Belgian Style: Make It Yours

Home » » Belgian Style: Make It Yours
Hello cutie pips,
And how are you on this fine day?

A while back now, I began a series called 
Belgian Style: Make It Yours.

{While Belgian Style is totally my current Style Crush,
it's not a look I'd *actually* choose for my home.
Does that make sense?}

I love the feel of it, 
the mood it creates 
and the look of some of the images 
but I'd find the look 
too austere and formal to live with every day.


So I'll be continuing on this gorgeous little series, 
which I can't wait to carry on unfolding, 
about how to take the very best of Belgian Style and add it, 
in little bits and pieces, in a way that works for YOU.
My definition of Belgian Style would be that it's all about combining extreme visual restraint and rustic warmth to create elegant, pared-down rooms with a strong nod to an industrial past.

I've only drawn on the elements that I love from this style. 
I looked at huge numbers of pictures of this style, 
discarded what I don't like and 
have tried to make it my own. 
See what you think.

The elements I've chosen to focus on create a more 
restricted version of Modern Country.

So far, we've looked at a muted colour scheme....


and I shared how I've tried to create that in our home....


the use of untreated wood.....


and how we've used raw wood in our home....


....and, finally, how texture can be used to add visual interest instead of strong colours....


and that, my pretties, is where we'll be stopping off tomorrow.....

Now, you'll have to excuse me, 
I'm off to see a man about a blog.

Well, *my blog*, actually.
And not a man at all...

but the very lovely Annie Sloan.
{Eeeek}




I'm linking to the parties in my sidebar.
Images via: Unknown, Me, Cote de Texas, Me, Homes and Gardens

0 comments:

Post a Comment