Belgian Style: Texture

Home » » Belgian Style: Texture

So, let's see. Where were we before we were so rudely interrupted by....
errrr......oh, yes, by me.
* blush*

Belgian Style: Make It Yours Part 3
Sigh.
So beautiful. So dreamy.
So impractical.

There.
I said it.

But there's so much that I *do* love.
So my question when looking at these gorgeous images is this:
How can I get that look to work for me 
and Mr Modern Country
and our four littlies?


They'd have those silvered baubles down in a flash, let me tell you.
Glass baubles are not on my list of 
'Things I Must Let My Children Play With'.

However, I am a huge fan of subdued palettes in interiors.
Just like these.
Though a little teensy bit more colour 
would work better for me in our home.

But what I adore about these pictures is the way the lack of colour is completely compensated by the huge range of delicious textures.
Let's take a closer look at all that
scrumdiddlyumptiousness, shall we?

The cool-to-the-touch floor tiles, the rough wooden benches, the mirrored orb, the soft gleam of the antique mirrors, the unpainted walls, the soft cushions, the shine of the chandelier drops, the smoothness of the glass candlesticks, the carved fireplace, the matte smoothness of the linen tablecloth, 
the old bistro chairs in the corner.

And as if that wasn't enough.... 
as if the point needed pushing home any further....
a large gnarled branch hung with mercurised glass baubles.

Point made, I think.

There's more than one way to grab my visual interest.
And texture ranks pretty darn high on that list.

Coming up soon, I'll share how
 I've used texture 
in our master bedroom 
to make it a romantic haven. 
Aaaaaaah! 





Image via: Chateau de Mossac

0 comments:

Post a Comment