Country Kitchens

Home » » Country Kitchens

Welcome back, m'darlin', to
Modern Country Style's
Makeover Your Kitchen Series.

We're on Part 4:
Finding Your Style.

And first up are Country Kitchens.



I think every kitchen should
have a touch of country in it.

What do you think of
when you think 
'Country Kitchen'?


I think it's a place where the whole family
- muddy dogs and muddy children -
or muddy friends for that matter -
congregate to enjoy the warmth and smells
of whatever yummyliciousness
is slowly cooking in the oven.


That's what I want in our home.

I WANT my children to loiter
while I'm getting tea ready.
I WANT our kitchen to be a
welcoming place for guests.
I WANT to look forward to
preparing our evening meal.

I WANT a bit of Country in my kitchen.


So I guess what I'm saying is that my test of
whether a kitchen has a country feel is not
whether it has the latest super-duper hi-tech gadgets 
but whether you'd want to dawdle while you're there,
pottering stove-side and chattering to friends.


Sometimes my children put their
craft things on our worktops, and sometimes,
I want to bake my little heart out.....
that means clutter
- temporarily, maybe -
but clutter nevertheless,
and I want a kitchen that
can stand up to family mess.


Come on by tomorrow and see how our kitchen fares. ;-)



Images via Country Homes and Interiors, Homes and Gardens, Period House,
Country Homes and Interiors, Period Living, House to Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment