Belgian Style Bedroom Action

Home » » Belgian Style Bedroom Action


Hey cutie,

Welcome back to Belgian Style: How To Make It Yours.
Today I want to show you a bit of Belgian Style Bedroom Lurrrve.

The reason why Belgian Interiors can get away with 
very little colour is because they use masses 
and masses of different textures to add interest, 
instead of bombarding you with a riot of colour.
Even though there's very little contrast in terms of hue, 
nevertheless the huge array of texture means that
 the room is a visual feast.


The purpose of this post is to show how I used that 
technique of building up layers of texture 
where the colour palette is gently limited 
to soft grey, brown and white.

Our bed is piled high with: 

a thick warm quilt, 
plump feather-filled pillows,
and crisp white bed linen.


The quilt is soft dusky velvet with a washed silk border, 
and is unbelievably tactile.

Remember this cushion I made a while back, 
using nubby linen, chenille and 
the adding the dull lustre of mother of pearl buttons 
(click here for the tutorial)?


At the end of our bed, we have a worn leather suitcase:
perfect for storing seasonal bedding.


The roughness of the rustic wooden beams and 
waxed door adds warmth to the room.


The mahogany sleigh bed was the first piece we ever bought. 
I love its chunky curves as much as I did when I first saw it.

{Only now its filled with lots and lots of delicious memories.}


On the other side of the room, 
painted white cupboards with exposed brass hinges
keep all my clothes neatly tucked away. 

{Oh, and some of Mr Modern Country's too.}


I absolutely adore this room.

And I have secret grown-up reasons for wanting our bedroom 
to be a completely gorgeous sanctuary 
a whole floor above our children's bedrooms. 

You get me?




0 comments:

Post a Comment