Style Britannia: Me and Tweed

Home » , » Style Britannia: Me and Tweed




Top: Oasis, Skirt: Marks and Spencer,
 Bag: Made by me with Cabbages and Roses fabric,

Hey rabbits,
Come on in.....

Today, let's talk tweed.
Itchy, scratchy and clammy?
Or super-duper scrummy?

{I want to hear what you think....}

But here's my tuppence-worth:

Tweed totally makes
my Style Britannia list.
BUT ONLY:
when it's fitted,
when it's cut well,
when it's paired with right pieces.

Here's why I like this look:

It's Modern
The three-quarter length sleeves
The ruching around the shoulders

It's Country
The classic styling of the lined, tweed pencil skirt

It's Modern Country
My lovely home-made bucket bag.


Remember the first

I've had so many compliments about that bag.
 People ask where I got it from and I get to say,
in the casualest voice in the world,
'Oh, this? I made it'...
{and then I absolutely glow for the rest of the day}

If there's one thing you make this year,
it should definitely be a bucket bag. Adorable.



0 comments:

Post a Comment